How to arrange diet 2 year old that filled with nutrition’s that your children need for growth and development? Your 2 years toddlers are developing their feeding skills and encouragement to new foods and the combinations of their foods. It is a challenging time for every parent to decide what to serve their toddlers every meal.
The sample of simple menu diet 2 year old
As your children go to 2 years old, they should take at least three healthy meals and 1 or two snacks in a day. You can give them the same foods as the rests of the whole family. Just ensure to not fixate the amounts of their meals and not makes the mealtimes as the battle with other members.
If it is possible, gives your children with finger foods instead give him soft foods that need spoons or forks to eat.
The measurement amount of meals portions:
• 1 tablespoon is equal with 3 teaspoons or 15 ml or with a ½ ounce (15 ml).
• 1 ounce is equal with 30 ml
• 1 cup is equal with 8 ounces or 240 ml.
Sample of diet 2 year old diet plan menu
• Breakfast. A half cup of non-fat or low-fat milk, ½ cup of iron-fortified cereal or 1 egg, one-third cup mixed fruit, ½ slices whole wheat toast, ½ teaspoon margarine or butter or 1 teaspoon of jelly.
• Snack. 4 crackers with hummus or cheese or a half cup of fruit mix or berries fruit and A half of water.
• Lunch. ½ cup of low fat or non-fat milk. Sandwich mixed with 1-ounce meat,
• Snack after lunch. A cup of non-fat or low-fat milk, A half cup of apple, one third cup grapes (or half orange) and 3 prunes.
• Dinner. Give your children with a half cup of non-fat or low-fat milk, 1/3 cup pasta, mashed potato, or rice. 2 tablespoon mixed vegetables and 2 ounces meat.
Unsafe foods for the toddler
There are certain foods that unsafe and not recommended for your toddler.
• Slippery foods such as whole fruits (grapes or oranges), large pieces of poultry or meats, and candy.
• Small and hard foods, for example, raw carrots, nuts, chips, raisins, dates, and seeds.
• Sticky foods.
• Before you serve foods to your children, always cut into small pieces to make it easier to eat.
• Take aware if your children have food allergies. Avoid foods that common to trigger allergies such as milk, wheat, fish, shellfish, peanuts, and eggs.
Basic healthy eating for your children
When you make a menu for your children, ensure that your menu made from each of these basic four foods groups below each day:’
• Fat group: Meat, poultry, fish, and eggs.
• Dairy products such as milk and cheese and etc. serve at least 3 servings daily. The portion sizes: ½ cup or 1 ounce.
• Group of vegetables and fruits. Serve this group at least 5 servings daily. Portions example can be ¼ to ½ cup small cut of fruit/vegetables, ¼ to 1/3 cup juice.
• Grain groups such as cereals, potato, rice and products made from flour. Example of meals portion: ¼ to ½ slices of bread, ¼ or ½ muffin or bagel, 2-3 crackers, and ¼ to 1.3 cup rice or cooked pasta. Serve this group at least 6 servings daily.
When your children get thirsty, give him water. Give him water in time between meals time and snack time. If your children have an allergy to cow milk, consult your doctor to know which milk that you can give to him. What to give snack for your children? Here are ideas for a healthy snack:
• Cereal from whole grain or oatmeal mixed with milk.
• Soft cooked vegetables
• Yogurt with pieces of mixes fresh fruits
• Fruits blended with milk
Do not worry if you are unable to meet your children with these ideal menus beyond each day. There are some children that resist certain foods or insist just eat only one or two favorite foods every day. When you force your children to over his eating preferences, it just makes him more determined to defy your menu.
Offer your children with various foods and leave them with choices to choose their own menu based on a balanced diet that you have arranged before. The toddler also tends to like to feed themselves so if it is available, give your children with finger foods instead of the cooked menu that need a spoon or fork to eat.
Do you need to give your children with supplementation?
In general, supplements for children are rarely necessary for children who eat varies food diet plan. Your children might need an iron supplement if they eat less meat, or vegetables that less iron. You can interfere with add large milk consume (more than 32 ounces) to have proper iron absorption.
Large quantities of milk will reduce the potential of iron deficiency. Your toddler should drink at least 16 ounces low fat or nonfat milk each day to provide enough calcium for bone growth.
What should you do if your children eater picker?
There are several tips that you can try if your children eater picker:
• Introduce new foods in a time. Your children may need to try new foods 5 or more times before they can eat it.
• Make the foods are simple, plain and your children can identify easily. There are some toddlers that do not like mixed foods.
• Offer multiple choices to your children when you want to introduce new foods.
• Make your children interesting with the flavor of the menu by adding small amounts of herbs or spices.
• Add variety of textures and colors as available as to make the meals interesting in visual
Your 2 years old toddlers are developing their exploring and discovery to their sense of taste. In this age, you need to let your children decide which foods that you offered to eat and how much they want to eat. Your children appetite may be changed and it is normal. It is important for not force your children to always clean their plate when they eat diet 2 year old menu plan.